Friday 14 November 2014

Maybelline Porcelaine & OPI Solitaire

Created for a challenge where the theme was to use your oldest untried stamping plate or polish.  I used a combination of both.  Maybeline's Porcelaine is a very pale pearlescent pink colour.  It was opaque in two coats, but left a lot of brush marks due to the frosty finish.  It also bubbled a little on most nails, so I probably wouldn't wear this polish on it's own.

The ring finger and thumb were painted with OPI's Solitaire which is a silvery white texture polish.  I found it a little sheer, so applied three coats, but it was a great formula, very easy to apply, and looked very pretty when dry.  It looks like glistening snow on your nails.  I would definitely recommend this one!

For the stamping I chose Konad plate M51.  Konad and Bundle monster were the very first plates I purchased, but they go mostly uused since the designs are often too small to fit my nails, especially my thumb nails as the full nail images are just not wide enough (hence the accent nails).

I can't say that I'm thrilled with this manicure, but it's ok, and the challenge got me to use things I hadn't before.


No comments:

Post a Comment